Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rgds, Barbara O'Donoghue
Please note, for children's tennis, go to http://www.parkstennis.com/
Carpenterstown Park Residents Association
Location: Cherry / Sycamore / Maple Estates
When: Saturday 9th November, 2013
Meet at TENNIS COURTS!
Time: 11AM TO 3PM
HELP Beautify CARPENTERSTOWN PARK! Volunteers of A-L-L A-G-E-S needed to plant Daffodil Bulbs.
Come out and see your efforts G-R-O-W next S-P-R-I-N-G
Also seeking Volunteers to Prune and Clear Tree Trunk bases!
Thanks to All Residents who have come out in Years Passed
Bring your Thermos - Tea/Coffee/Biscuits/Sweets Provided
Need more Info? Check out Residents Association Website:www.carpenterstownparkra.com or email
SEE YOU THERE!
MEET: Near Tennis Courts, Sycamore Green
Once again, an Estates-wide CLEAN UP DAY will take place on the above date. Bags will be supplied - please collect from path near Tennis Courts. We invite you to join in from your road. Great way to meet neighbours if you've just moved in and get involved in YOUR community. We will try to have more than 1 collection point for bags - a note will be going around. We invite you to bring your own Tea/Coffe at 3pm and join us - biscuits will be provided. With thanks to the FCC Environmental Crew at Coolmine Depot and An Taisce.
Boys and girls between the ages of five and a half and seventeen can learn to play tennis this spring in Fingal. This very affordable programme is open to all and operates at nine venues throughout the county.
Classes are implemented by Tennis Ireland certified coaches and concentrate on both fundamental movement and tennis specific skills. For information on these programmes check out Dublin Spring Coaching 2013 on http://www.parkstennis.com/
Laurel Lodge Comm Centre on Wednesdays 15.00 – 17.00
Riverwood Estate on Saturdays 10.00 –13.00
Hartstown Comm Centre on Saturdays 10.00 – 13.00
Laurel Lodge Community Centre – Cardio Tennis programme for eight consecutive Tuesdays beginning Tuesday, Jan 29th, 10.00-11.00. Fee €35 per programme.
Laurel Lodge Community Centre – Coaching for beginners starting Thursday, January 31st, 10.00-11.00.
Sycamore Avenue tennis courts – Coaching for improver/advanced players beginning Thursday, January 31st, 10.00-11.00. Eight consecutive Thursdays and once-off fee of €35 for either.
Riverwood Estate tennis courts
Coaching programme starting Saturday, Feb 2d :
Fee of €40 for each eight-session programme. Enquiries to Colm Deehan at 086-6080061 or email@example.com
As an extension of this, there will also be an eight-session programme at the Sycamore Avenue (Carpenterstown Park) venue which will run parallel to the Riverwood coaching.
CARPENTERSTOWN PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
C/o Castleknock Community Centre
AUTUMN CLEAN UP DAY
When: Saturday 17th November
Time: 10am to 3pm
Meet: Tennis Courts – Sycamore Avenue for Bags,
Litter Pickers etc. Open to ALL AGES
Two collection points for rubbish this year!
See website for more details!
1. WATER DISRUPTION – from 7pm Tues 13/11 to 7am Weds 14/11. Due to installation of a pressure release valve on the ‘trunk’ water line serving Blanchardstown/Castleknock – water may not be available in our area during the above TWELVE hours. Detailed list of sites available on Council’s website on Monday 12th November. Visit www.fingalcoco.ie -click on WATER link.
2. Tennis Courts. New nets have been installed by the Council. Open to All Residents. Carpenterstown Tennis Club restarts lessons FOR ADULTS only in February 2013. To register for lessons, get more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BURGLARIES –These are on the increase in the 3 estates. Put bikes in shed or house at night/when you are away. Lock cars/do not leave personal items in cars. Do not leave purses/keys within site of windows. Blanchardstown Gardai encourage everyone to use their house alarms if they have one. QUERY FOR LOCAL GARDAI?!
Blanchardstown Community Gards hold a Clinic weekly at Castleknock Community Centre, Wednesdays from 7pm to 8pm. Their direct phone is 01-666-7020.
4. Quality Bus Corridor. The Residents Association is pursuing Fingal County Council regarding ‘ghost lines’ which were to be installed Maple Roundabout (similar to those supplied at Carpenter roundabout at Castleknock Community College/Carpenterstown Pub). This is to control traffic speed at this location. We will keep you updated on this.
5. Tree Obstructing Traffic at Maple Drive. We are in communication with the Council to cut back the tree located directly at the back of the granite estate sign at Maple Drive. This is obstructing the view of drivers leaving Maple Drive looking up Carpenterstown Avenue to their RIGHT. It is also preventing motorists coming to Maple roundabout from seeing motorists on Maple Drive to their LEFT. We hope to have this resolved shortly.
SUGGESTED -SPEED BUMPS ON CARPENTERSTOWN AVENUE -
Between LAVERNA ROUNDABOUT and MAPLE ROUNDABOUT?
Do you have a view on the above? Recently, a car drove OVER Maple roundabout and crashed just before 10am Sunday Services ended at St. Thomais the Apostle Church. Motorists not familiar with this area have told residents that they do not see Maple roundabout ahead until they are almost on it. A number of residents have complained that traffic speeds too fast from Laverna to Maple. The Council has advised there is not a problem at this section. We want to hear from YOU-
What is your opinion? Please email us at:-
Your opinion will be considered at our next Meeting so let us know.
NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 3rd December 2012
Castleknock Community Centre
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:-