Date: Monday Dec 01, 2014
Venue: Community Centre
Time: 8.00 pm
- Minutes of previous meeting
- Matters Arising
- Speeding on Sycamore Ave – Fingal County Council Update
- Treasurer’s Report
CHRISTMAS TREES CAN BE DROPPED TO:
MILLENIUM PARK (car park) -entrance off roundabout at Snugborough Road Extension, Coolmine – During PARK OPENING HOURS only.
For More Information, please call Fingal County Council Blanchardstown/Castleknock Operations Depot at. 821 3486 or 870 4599.
2. Items of note:-
a) Pot Holes on Sycamore Avenue. These have been added to the Winter Works programme by Fingal County Council since November last and we hope they will take these in hand very shortly. We note these have widened significantly since the original request was submitted in writing last autumn.
b) Also the tree at Maple Drive/Maple Roundabout (corner above Carpenterstown Park granite sign) is on the winter works programme for removal - cut back.
c) A request to Fingal County Council's Operations department in Coolmine to cut back the tree blocking Street Light No 4 (Sycamore Avenue adjacent to Sycamore Lawn) is listed for pruning during the Council's current pruning season.
CARPENTERSTOWN PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
C/o Castleknock Community Centre
AUTUMN CLEAN UP DAY
When: Saturday 17th November
Time: 10am to 3pm
Meet: Tennis Courts – Sycamore Avenue for Bags,
Litter Pickers etc. Open to ALL AGES
Two collection points for rubbish this year!
See website for more details!
1. WATER DISRUPTION – from 7pm Tues 13/11 to 7am Weds 14/11. Due to installation of a pressure release valve on the ‘trunk’ water line serving Blanchardstown/Castleknock – water may not be available in our area during the above TWELVE hours. Detailed list of sites available on Council’s website on Monday 12th November. Visit www.fingalcoco.ie -click on WATER link.
2. Tennis Courts. New nets have been installed by the Council. Open to All Residents. Carpenterstown Tennis Club restarts lessons FOR ADULTS only in February 2013. To register for lessons, get more information, email email@example.com.
3. BURGLARIES –These are on the increase in the 3 estates. Put bikes in shed or house at night/when you are away. Lock cars/do not leave personal items in cars. Do not leave purses/keys within site of windows. Blanchardstown Gardai encourage everyone to use their house alarms if they have one. QUERY FOR LOCAL GARDAI?!
Blanchardstown Community Gards hold a Clinic weekly at Castleknock Community Centre, Wednesdays from 7pm to 8pm. Their direct phone is 01-666-7020.
4. Quality Bus Corridor. The Residents Association is pursuing Fingal County Council regarding ‘ghost lines’ which were to be installed Maple Roundabout (similar to those supplied at Carpenter roundabout at Castleknock Community College/Carpenterstown Pub). This is to control traffic speed at this location. We will keep you updated on this.
5. Tree Obstructing Traffic at Maple Drive. We are in communication with the Council to cut back the tree located directly at the back of the granite estate sign at Maple Drive. This is obstructing the view of drivers leaving Maple Drive looking up Carpenterstown Avenue to their RIGHT. It is also preventing motorists coming to Maple roundabout from seeing motorists on Maple Drive to their LEFT. We hope to have this resolved shortly.
SUGGESTED -SPEED BUMPS ON CARPENTERSTOWN AVENUE -
Between LAVERNA ROUNDABOUT and MAPLE ROUNDABOUT?
Do you have a view on the above? Recently, a car drove OVER Maple roundabout and crashed just before 10am Sunday Services ended at St. Thomais the Apostle Church. Motorists not familiar with this area have told residents that they do not see Maple roundabout ahead until they are almost on it. A number of residents have complained that traffic speeds too fast from Laverna to Maple. The Council has advised there is not a problem at this section. We want to hear from YOU-
What is your opinion? Please email us at:-
Your opinion will be considered at our next Meeting so let us know.
NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 3rd December 2012
Castleknock Community Centre
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:-
Concern has been raised by residents over the tree adjacent to the Carpenterstown Park granite sign at the above location. It is blocking drivers views of both Maple Drive (from Carpenterstown Avenue) and Carpenterstown Avenue (from Maple Drive). Read More...