Panda Waste Company has commenced monitoring each GREEN bin as it is emptied to check if it contains waste that is NOT RECYCLABLE, e.g. rubbish such as used nappies (a major problem), corrugated (heavy) cardboard, coal ash, food waste etc.
When a GREEN bin is identified as having emptied waste that is NOT RECYCLABLE, Panda will charge the owner of the bin. This habit is quite widespread in Dublin and is a significant cost to waste firms, as they have to remove the non-recyclable waste from the waste that can be.
All Residents should use thier GREEN Bins for recyclable waste only.
CARPENTERSTOWN PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
C/o Castleknock Community Centre
AUTUMN CLEAN UP DAY
When: Saturday 17th November
Time: 10am to 3pm
Meet: Tennis Courts – Sycamore Avenue for Bags,
Litter Pickers etc. Open to ALL AGES
Two collection points for rubbish this year!
See website for more details!
1. WATER DISRUPTION – from 7pm Tues 13/11 to 7am Weds 14/11. Due to installation of a pressure release valve on the ‘trunk’ water line serving Blanchardstown/Castleknock – water may not be available in our area during the above TWELVE hours. Detailed list of sites available on Council’s website on Monday 12th November. Visit www.fingalcoco.ie -click on WATER link.
2. Tennis Courts. New nets have been installed by the Council. Open to All Residents. Carpenterstown Tennis Club restarts lessons FOR ADULTS only in February 2013. To register for lessons, get more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BURGLARIES –These are on the increase in the 3 estates. Put bikes in shed or house at night/when you are away. Lock cars/do not leave personal items in cars. Do not leave purses/keys within site of windows. Blanchardstown Gardai encourage everyone to use their house alarms if they have one. QUERY FOR LOCAL GARDAI?!
Blanchardstown Community Gards hold a Clinic weekly at Castleknock Community Centre, Wednesdays from 7pm to 8pm. Their direct phone is 01-666-7020.
4. Quality Bus Corridor. The Residents Association is pursuing Fingal County Council regarding ‘ghost lines’ which were to be installed Maple Roundabout (similar to those supplied at Carpenter roundabout at Castleknock Community College/Carpenterstown Pub). This is to control traffic speed at this location. We will keep you updated on this.
5. Tree Obstructing Traffic at Maple Drive. We are in communication with the Council to cut back the tree located directly at the back of the granite estate sign at Maple Drive. This is obstructing the view of drivers leaving Maple Drive looking up Carpenterstown Avenue to their RIGHT. It is also preventing motorists coming to Maple roundabout from seeing motorists on Maple Drive to their LEFT. We hope to have this resolved shortly.
SUGGESTED -SPEED BUMPS ON CARPENTERSTOWN AVENUE -
Between LAVERNA ROUNDABOUT and MAPLE ROUNDABOUT?
Do you have a view on the above? Recently, a car drove OVER Maple roundabout and crashed just before 10am Sunday Services ended at St. Thomais the Apostle Church. Motorists not familiar with this area have told residents that they do not see Maple roundabout ahead until they are almost on it. A number of residents have complained that traffic speeds too fast from Laverna to Maple. The Council has advised there is not a problem at this section. We want to hear from YOU-
What is your opinion? Please email us at:-
Your opinion will be considered at our next Meeting so let us know.
NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 3rd December 2012
Castleknock Community Centre
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:-
Secretary: Dabney Melia
Treasurer: Marie Butterly
Committee Member: Dympna Dolan
Committe Member: Paula Holmes
Committee Member: Sean O'Neill
Please Click here if you need to get in contact with us. Please allow 48 hours for a reply.
WHY SHOULD WE AVOID BUILDING OR ATTENDING BONFIRES?
- Burning tyres and other toxic materials releases pollutants into the atmosphere, which is bad for our health, especially for asthma sufferers and those with respiratory diseases.
- Ilegal bonfires are dangerous – children, adults and pets are at a high risk of injury and trauma from fireworks and bonfires.
- It's bad for the environment - burnt earth on parklands, pitches and community green spaces will take approximately 18 months to recover before grass will grow back.
Also special thanks to Moira O'Neill, a resident of Sycamore who voluntarily looked after the Association's email system over the past year! Our sincere thanks goes to her for her time and consideration!
As part of our negotiations with Fingal County Council during the establishment of the QBC (Quality Bus Coridor) our roundabouts were considered for planting. This was carried out this Spring/Summer and our thanks to the Parks Department of the Council for organising this. The Council intend to carry out weeding to the roundabouts as part of their works.
Concern has been raised by residents over the tree adjacent to the Carpenterstown Park granite sign at the above location. It is blocking drivers views of both Maple Drive (from Carpenterstown Avenue) and Carpenterstown Avenue (from Maple Drive). Read More...
roundabout and Laverna roundabout as part of the Quality Bus Corridor.
We will meet at Castleknock Rail Station at 1.00 pm, and will finish around 3pm. As usual we've registered with An Taisce as part of the National Spring Clean.
If anyone would like to join in - even for a short stint - most welcome. Weather forecast sounds good.
Carpenterstown Park Residents Association