NEXT MEETING - MONDAY 17th JUNE at 8PM
JULY - Monday 1st July 8PM
AUGUST - NO MEETING
SEPTEMBER - Monday 2/09 8PM
As per our Spring newsletter distributed the 1st and 2nd weeks of April, Committee members are currently carrying out the subscription collection of €2.00 and an email/mobile contact for future communication so that Residents can be updated on water outages (almost daily in parts of Dublin 15) or security alerts. We expect to have this completed in the next few weeks, so look out for us.
Committee members are doing this in pairs and no one else is acting for the Committee. If anyone calls to the door and you are unsure, don't give out your information - email us and we'll confirm if we called to your door.
SPRAYING OF PESTICIDES
AVOID MID-DAY Spraying. The Council have advised us that spraying of pesticides (weed-killer/insect control ) during DAWN TO DUSK hours is impacting nation-wide on the BEE population. Bees keep flowers/vegetables growing year after year - this year the BEE populationi is substantially down. Advice when spraying, keep the spray nozzle directed LOW and over only the area you are spraying; Ideal spraying times are early morning (after dew has dried - 10am and early dusk @6.30pm - AVOID MID-DAY SPRAYING. Also - avoid spraying with the wind coming at you - it will blow the spray back onto you and could cause breathing problems.
LOCAL SCHOOL NEWS
Ministers Leo Varadkar and Joan Burton have announced that a new 150 million school building project fund has been allocated by the Department of Education. Included in that 150 million Euro project is Castleknock Community College's Extension/Refurbishment. For more information - visit link and click on left side under NEWS. This long-waited extension is now going to Tender. The Parents Association has conveyed its thanks to all Community groups and Parents who contributed time and efforts to this important campaign.
CARPENTERSTOWN PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
C/o Castleknock Community Centre
AUTUMN CLEAN UP DAY
When: Saturday 17th November
Time: 10am to 3pm
Meet: Tennis Courts – Sycamore Avenue for Bags,
Litter Pickers etc. Open to ALL AGES
Two collection points for rubbish this year!
See website for more details!
1. WATER DISRUPTION – from 7pm Tues 13/11 to 7am Weds 14/11. Due to installation of a pressure release valve on the ‘trunk’ water line serving Blanchardstown/Castleknock – water may not be available in our area during the above TWELVE hours. Detailed list of sites available on Council’s website on Monday 12th November. Visit www.fingalcoco.ie -click on WATER link.
2. Tennis Courts. New nets have been installed by the Council. Open to All Residents. Carpenterstown Tennis Club restarts lessons FOR ADULTS only in February 2013. To register for lessons, get more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BURGLARIES –These are on the increase in the 3 estates. Put bikes in shed or house at night/when you are away. Lock cars/do not leave personal items in cars. Do not leave purses/keys within site of windows. Blanchardstown Gardai encourage everyone to use their house alarms if they have one. QUERY FOR LOCAL GARDAI?!
Blanchardstown Community Gards hold a Clinic weekly at Castleknock Community Centre, Wednesdays from 7pm to 8pm. Their direct phone is 01-666-7020.
4. Quality Bus Corridor. The Residents Association is pursuing Fingal County Council regarding ‘ghost lines’ which were to be installed Maple Roundabout (similar to those supplied at Carpenter roundabout at Castleknock Community College/Carpenterstown Pub). This is to control traffic speed at this location. We will keep you updated on this.
5. Tree Obstructing Traffic at Maple Drive. We are in communication with the Council to cut back the tree located directly at the back of the granite estate sign at Maple Drive. This is obstructing the view of drivers leaving Maple Drive looking up Carpenterstown Avenue to their RIGHT. It is also preventing motorists coming to Maple roundabout from seeing motorists on Maple Drive to their LEFT. We hope to have this resolved shortly.
SUGGESTED -SPEED BUMPS ON CARPENTERSTOWN AVENUE -
Between LAVERNA ROUNDABOUT and MAPLE ROUNDABOUT?
Do you have a view on the above? Recently, a car drove OVER Maple roundabout and crashed just before 10am Sunday Services ended at St. Thomais the Apostle Church. Motorists not familiar with this area have told residents that they do not see Maple roundabout ahead until they are almost on it. A number of residents have complained that traffic speeds too fast from Laverna to Maple. The Council has advised there is not a problem at this section. We want to hear from YOU-
What is your opinion? Please email us at:-
Your opinion will be considered at our next Meeting so let us know.
NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 3rd December 2012
Castleknock Community Centre
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:-
Carpenterstown Park Residents Association Newsletter
The Carpenterstown Park Residents Association newsletter has been printed and is in the process of distribution to the houses. You can also view it here on the site.