Meeting Monday January 13th 2014.
The Committee agreed at its January 13th meeting to meeting in March as there are no matters pending at this time. The next meeting on Monday March 3rd will focus on the Spring Clean Up Day and also any matters existing in the area. All interested Residents are encouraged to participate and please attend the next meeting!
Water Meters Installation Currently in Progress
Irish Water have commenced via contractor Farrans and its subcontractors, water meter installation in and around Maple estate. Sycamore is to commence on or around Monday 20th January with Cherry Estate to follow
RESIDENTS - PLEASE ENSURE TO READ the 2 pamphlets which have been distributed to every home in the 3 estates. The 1st introduces Irish Water and the steps being taken to install water metres. The 2nd gives the installation date for your home on its front and describes the water meter installation process. As it says in the leaflet - NONE OF THE EMPLOYEES CARRYING OUT THE INSTALLATION PROCESS NEED ACCESS TO YOUR HOME! Residents should never give any stranger access to their home for any reason without due caution.
If you have any queries during the installation process, please contact Irish Water on 1890 278 278.
CARPENTERSTOWN PARK RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
C/o Castleknock Community Centre
AUTUMN CLEAN UP DAY
When: Saturday 17th November
Time: 10am to 3pm
Meet: Tennis Courts – Sycamore Avenue for Bags,
Litter Pickers etc. Open to ALL AGES
Two collection points for rubbish this year!
See website for more details!
1. WATER DISRUPTION – from 7pm Tues 13/11 to 7am Weds 14/11. Due to installation of a pressure release valve on the ‘trunk’ water line serving Blanchardstown/Castleknock – water may not be available in our area during the above TWELVE hours. Detailed list of sites available on Council’s website on Monday 12th November. Visit www.fingalcoco.ie -click on WATER link.
2. Tennis Courts. New nets have been installed by the Council. Open to All Residents. Carpenterstown Tennis Club restarts lessons FOR ADULTS only in February 2013. To register for lessons, get more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. BURGLARIES –These are on the increase in the 3 estates. Put bikes in shed or house at night/when you are away. Lock cars/do not leave personal items in cars. Do not leave purses/keys within site of windows. Blanchardstown Gardai encourage everyone to use their house alarms if they have one. QUERY FOR LOCAL GARDAI?!
Blanchardstown Community Gards hold a Clinic weekly at Castleknock Community Centre, Wednesdays from 7pm to 8pm. Their direct phone is 01-666-7020.
4. Quality Bus Corridor. The Residents Association is pursuing Fingal County Council regarding ‘ghost lines’ which were to be installed Maple Roundabout (similar to those supplied at Carpenter roundabout at Castleknock Community College/Carpenterstown Pub). This is to control traffic speed at this location. We will keep you updated on this.
5. Tree Obstructing Traffic at Maple Drive. We are in communication with the Council to cut back the tree located directly at the back of the granite estate sign at Maple Drive. This is obstructing the view of drivers leaving Maple Drive looking up Carpenterstown Avenue to their RIGHT. It is also preventing motorists coming to Maple roundabout from seeing motorists on Maple Drive to their LEFT. We hope to have this resolved shortly.
SUGGESTED -SPEED BUMPS ON CARPENTERSTOWN AVENUE -
Between LAVERNA ROUNDABOUT and MAPLE ROUNDABOUT?
Do you have a view on the above? Recently, a car drove OVER Maple roundabout and crashed just before 10am Sunday Services ended at St. Thomais the Apostle Church. Motorists not familiar with this area have told residents that they do not see Maple roundabout ahead until they are almost on it. A number of residents have complained that traffic speeds too fast from Laverna to Maple. The Council has advised there is not a problem at this section. We want to hear from YOU-
What is your opinion? Please email us at:-
Your opinion will be considered at our next Meeting so let us know.
NEXT MEETING – MONDAY 3rd December 2012
Castleknock Community Centre
VISIT OUR WEBSITE:-